We have an exciting opportunity for an Upstream Process Development Scientist with a small (but growing) global specialty vaccine company with good/stable funding. This is a chance to help develop vaccines for the travel and endemic disease market. As a scientist in the process development and clinical manufacturing team, you would report to the Director of Process Development and Production. The position focuses on the development work of upstream cell culture and virus amplification/VLP transfection with disposable bioreactors, and supports downstream purification.
- Develop and optimize the cell culture parameters for various cell lines for mammalian suspension cell growth for virus and VLP production
- Develop and optimize the viral amplification/VLP transient transfection process to maximize yield
- Develop and optimize microfiltration process (concentrate cells for viral amplification)
- Support IND CMC section writing
- Support downstream purification team
- PhD or MS (with additional experience) in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Industry experience
- Cell culture experience
- Bioreactor experience
- DOE experience
- Electroporation experience
- Anion exchange purification
- Diafiltration/Ultrafiltration experience
- cGMP experience
- Molecular Biology & Virology knowledge
Come be a part of a clinical stage pharmaceutical company with a bright future!
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.