We are helping to identify a successful Chief Medical Officer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to develop, implement and manage all clinical activities involving this company’s biologics. Our client is an established biopharmaceutical company with international backing, a full pipeline, and multiple major pharma partners. Small biotech feel with financial stability!
Responsibilities would include development of clinical strategies, medical affairs oversight, development plans, protocol design, assessment of study results and management of regulatory processes. The Chief Medical Officer will work closely with the CEO and other key leaders to provide clinical insight and medical direction to the company and will help shape product development strategies.
- Responsible for the clinical development, planning, operation, implementation, patient advocacy, and oversee medical affairs
- Lead and supervise the global clinical development and operation teams in US and China;
- Oversee the analysis and interpretation of clinical study results, and the reporting of clinical trial results
- Provide clinical support and work with the management team and R&D department to develop the overall corporate strategies in the new drug development
- Ensure clinical trials are legally compliant to global regulatory processes
- Develop clinical trial strategies and interactions with health authorities, according to domestic and global GCP regulations
- Establish and maintain relationships with key medical experts, field leaders, and maintain alignment with the company’s business plans and development goals
- Communicate and interact effectively with the investment, medical and regulatory communities, as well as pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry collaborators/partners
- M.D. with board certification in oncology
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in medical leadership in the pharma industry
- Minimum of 8 years clinical trial experience
- Extensive experience in clinical practice treating patients and experience as a sponsor working on investigational new drugs.
- 8 years of management experience leading a clinical group including clinical/medical affairs and clinical operations globally
- A proven success record in Phase I-II clinical research studies and trial design familiar with FDA/EMA/CFDA regulatory requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent strategic planning, team building and leadership skills
- Bi-lingual – fluent in speaking, reading and writing English and Chinese languages is preferred
- You should be a N. American resident with current authorization to work in the US or be TN-1 eligible
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.