We are looking for an experienced project manager to coordinate advancement of an innovative gene therapy project to IND. This is expected to be a 6-18 month contract and initially, will not require full-time attention, thus allowing you to maintain other clients simultaneously.
The successful candidate will work directly with individual project stakeholders to ensure deliverables fall within the agreed scope and budget. He or she play the lead role in planning, coordinating and overseeing the activities of external groups and resources to ensure the project is completed on time as scheduled.
The responsibilities include the planning, organizing, coordination and completion of the project on time within budget and scope. The PM will be responsible for, and oversee all aspects of project, including setting deadlines, budgets, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing progress for upper management.
Requires experience managing successful preclinical IND-enabling drug-discovery/drug-development projects, PMP certification, previous biotechnology/pharmaceutical company experience and prior interaction with the FDA (or EMA). Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills required.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders and senior management
- Define project scope and objectives, involving all stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for execution of project
- Ensure that each component of the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders and perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Proven Biotech/Pharma work experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Project Management Professional certification is a plus
Must be located in N. America.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.