Do you have a passion for antibody drug discovery and want a fresh, exciting field to apply your knowledge and skills? Want to see your contributions move swiftly to patients? Our southern SF Bay client is developing Hu mAbs combatting drug resistant bacteria AND viral infections. Traditional anti-infectives are often limited by short acting duration, emergence of resistance, disrupting microsome, and side effects. Instead, fully optimized, fully Hu mAbs can save lives of infected patients.
Already they have a portfolio of mAbs for eight programs, four of which are in late clinical development, plus an active discovery program. Their antimicrobial candidates MOA are distinct from conventional antibiotics and are being used in clinical trials that can show clear superiority over standard antibiotics.
We are looking to identifiy an Associate Director to advance these efforts in antibody discovery and analytical development. The successful candidate will have a lead role in the antibody discovery as well as method development for potency, PK and ADA assays. S/he will be a self-motivated team player with relevant experience who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced mission-driven environment.
- Lead the design and execution of analytical development for potency, PK and immunogenicity assays
- Take a leading role in antibody discovery efforts
- Direct assay transfer to CRO as well as validation and sample analysis
- Design protein expression and purification experiments from bacterial, insect and mammalian cell expression systems
- Work closely with Senior Management to develop internal deliverables and timelines for antibody discovery and analytical development efforts
- Work closely with Antibody Discovery and Analytical Team to ensure alignment of work effort/results with internal deliverables and timelines
- Effectively communicate research progress to Senior Management
- Guidance and mentoring of junior staff
- Actively contribute to all R&D efforts at the company
- PhD with 5+ years of industry experience, both in relevant field
- Detailed understanding of and experience with antibody discovery
- Technical expertise in protein/antibody purification
- Experience with development of antibody potency assays and, GLP PK and ADA assays
- Experience working with CROs on assay transfer and validation
- Basic understanding of GMP regulations, FDA and ICH guidelines with regard to potency/PK/ADA assay development and validation
- Experience with single B-cell workflows, analysis of genomics data, or structural modelling would be a plus
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Well organized with excellent record keeping
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Must be eligible to work in the US on an unrestricted basis or be TN-visa eligible.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.