Our international oncology/autoimmune focused pharma client is growing their business development team and looking for a BD Manager or Associate Director for Alliance Management. With a rapidly expanding portfolio of biologics, you will be able to grow your career guiding all aspects of partnerships—from small biotechs to Big Pharma partners and spanning a range of R&D agreements. In addition, you can expand your skills in Search and Evaluation supporting in-licensing projects. Work from anywhere in the US as long as your time is flexible and you are available for necessary meetings. Good communication, planning and project management skills are needed. Negotiation and deal making experience is a plus!
Job responsibilities include
- Managing a portfolio of partnerships; work closely with internal and external stakeholders to manage responsibilities, mitigate risks, and ensure objectives are met.
- Establish processes for efficient and effective alliance with BD partners.
- Drive joint meetings and communicate outcomes and insights for current and future assets;
- Provide strategic updates to governance team and senior management.
- Identify and bring disputes or disputable issues to the attention of upper management in a timely manner
- Provide a single point of communication for seeking consensus both internally within the parties’ respective organizations and between the parties.
- Function as the point of first referral in all matters of conflict resolution.
- Plan and coordinate cooperative efforts, internal and external communications between stakeholders.
- Ensure that meetings, meeting agendas and minutes occur as set forth in contracts, and that relevant action items resulting from such meetings are appropriately executed or otherwise addressed.
- Identify, evaluate, and leverage scientific capabilities and technical platform of partners to enhance the internal R&D capability and rapidly expand the existing pipeline.
- Timely and accurate reporting all financial elements in collaboration with finance and other teams
- Help assess market dynamics and future therapeutic landscape to identify the licensing opportunities
To quality you will need:
- MS or PhD in Biological or Medical Science
- Three to Seven years of prior experience in Alliance Management in the therapeutic R&D industry.
- A passion and excitement for this type of role as evidenced by personal drive and self-motivation.
- Experience in managing alliances in oncology and immunology is preferred over other therapeutic areas
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and project management skills is necessary.
- Willingness to accommodate different time zones in order to ensure successful collaborations and partnerships.
- Prior Search and Evaluation or Due Diligence experience is a plus.
Candidates must also live in N. America and have current, unrestricted work authorization or be TN visa eligible.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.