Are you a Scientist knowledgeable in cell-based and/or biochemical assay development? We are looking for an exceptional scientist to join the team which has created has developed the most cutting-edge, integrated, automated drug discovery platform in the US—perhaps world.
This is an opportunity to join this exciting S. Cal team and learn new technologies and fields, along with contributing to changing the future of science and research. There also is the opportunity to mentor and supervise more junior scientists.
In this role, you will develop new assays, implement new technologies, and do assay transfer/executions. You and your team will execute assays with a combination of manual support and lab automation, help generate and collect data and assist in developing and implementing tools to increase platform reliability, assay robustness, and operational efficiency. This can also include supporting assay development, debugging and transferring assays within the organization, and other duties.
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering)
- 3+ years of hands-on experimental experience in industry including strong assay development skills (biochemical, cell based) across a range of target families
- A successful track record working independently in a fast-paced and autonomous environment
- Familiarity with quality systems and performing validation studies
- Strong organization abilities with great attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to translate a high-level goal into action with minimal further guidance
- Interest in gaining additional lab automation and software experience
As a plus factor you also might have:
- a basic understanding of python, unix and/or mysql
- some previous engineering experience
- experience in a customer facing role
- project management experience
- 2+ years of experience with lab automation systems (Hamilton, Tecan, Formulatrix, Biotek, Labcyte, Thermo)
You must have current US work authorization or be TN visa eligible.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.