We are seeking an experienced Cheminformatics Scientist who wants to help discover and develop innovative cancer therapeutics. Our client is a public, clinical-stage precision oncology company with several small molecules in clinical development.
This is an opportunity to make direct contributions to oncology drug discovery efforts by applying your medicinal chemistry skills. Your work will support all aspects of drug discovery from lead ID to preclinical evaluation.
- Establish views of chemical database for use by molecule designers and project teams
- Interface with team leads to understand their distinctive requirements for data and design visualizations
- Work to ID chemical properties and other data trends
- Present to team members in a visual manner
- PhD (Chemistry, Comp Chemistry, Cheminformatics, or related field)
- 7-10+ years industry experience
- Proven demonstration of a strong understanding of the application of drug design and discovery principles
- Adept at SAR, pairwise analysis, and data-driven hypothesis generation
- Extensive expertise with a wide array of computational methods (structure and ligand-based modeling, programming, statistics, data analysis, QSAR derivation and application, and ADME modeling)
- Strong expertise with techniques to ID, extract, visualize, and exploit SAR information (such as the development of Structure/Activity Landscapes, integrative prioritization of compounds for testing)
- Experience in developing innovative methods to transform data into simple visualizations
- Has developed analytic and graphical methods to explore, understand, and communicate structure-activity relationships
- SQL programming skills
- Python programming skills desired
- Dotmatics database and Schrodinger Live Design familiarity would be preferred
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.