Our client successfully discovers therapeutics for devastating genetic neurological disease. If you are looking to apply your skills and know that you are making a difference to patients suffering worldwide, this could be the role for you. The Director of Informatics will be responsible for automating business, data management, data visualization software, oracle servers and cheminformatics processes. S/he may also be called upon to interface with external vendors which provide various software support services. The position involves collaborating with and supporting scientists and external collaborators to discover and develop neurodegenerative therapeutics.
The position can be located in either California or NJ.
- Manage external vendors and timelines
- Responsible for chemical registration and upload/management of assay data
- Responsible for troubleshooting data upload errors
- Responsible for compound dispatch systems (registration, inventory, dispatch) and expected to work closely with vendors and compound dispatch manager
- Maintain and support Oracle databases and various application servers
- Provide support and training of internal users and external vendors related to compound and data management applications
- Collect user requirements and translate them into specifications for development team
- Be able to motivate and inspire the team to reach the specified goal(s).
- M.S or Ph.D. in physical sciences or life sciences
- Experience in chemical registration and assay data management
- Experience in IT project management
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Oracle database
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Familiarity with Dotmatics products (including Bio-register, Browser, and Pipeline Pilot framework and QuickBase application) is a plus!
- Honest, Ethical, Hard Working, Innovative, and a team player
- Flexible, open minded, ability to listen to others
- Motivate, guide and inspire integrated teams
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.