Are you experienced leading a team of scientists in therapeutic antibody drug discovery? Are you looking to apply your skills in the discovery and validation of immune-onc targets and various antibody formats? Our client, a small and growing (30+) member team in the South SF Bay region is backed by a large, financially successful international pharma. A new, but experienced President is creating a highly diverse, interactive team of scientists to make innovative strides creating and advancing new antibody therapeutics. If you are looking to lead, are knowledgeable about Ab therapeutics, and want to bring cutting-edge innovation to the field, this is the place where you’ll have the resources and support to do so.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support selection and validation of new immuno-onc targets and antibody formats for the Discovery pipeline
- Lead projects through IND enabling studies
- Report to the VP of Biology and lead a team of Discovery scientists
- Work closely with other discovery scientists in cross-discipline functions.
To qualify you will need:
- A PhD degree (required) with core expertise in Immunology and/or antibody therapeutics focusing on Immunology, plus 8 or more years of experience including previous industry experience
- To have led discovery biology with excellent analytic and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with human in vitro cellular techniques including:
- Primary human cell culture experience working with various Immune cells (NK, T Cells, Monocytes)
- Molecular Biology and/or Bioinformatic techniques (i.e., Single cell RNA sequencing) for identification of new targets.
- Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry including cell separation/sorting
- Experience in functional assays of immune cell function
- To be a creative, organized, strategic, motivated self-starter, capable of driving a portion of the discovery strategy.
- Experience leading a team of experienced and highly motivated scientists
- To be able to collaborate effectively within cross-functional teams
- Experience in advancing programs from discovery to clinical development
The position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. People who can demonstrate innovative thinking, dedication to the vision and goals of the organization, and who bring creative problem-solving skills will fit well into the team and organization. Candidates must also live in N. America and have current, unrestricted work authorization or be TN visa eligible.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.