Our client is turning drug discovery on its head by deeply integrating robotics, software, biology and chemistry. They have built a best-in-class robotic cloud laboratory platform for on-demand life science research, capable of end-to-end synthetic organic chemistry and biological measurement. Top ten pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotech companies use the platform to conduct efficient, reproducible and rapid experimentation from anywhere in the world. Their goal is to help scientists more efficiently and reproducibly design, run, and analyze experiments to achieve new and faster scientific discoveries.
They are looking to bring on a Director of Product Management to drive product and service development for their Cloud Lab Services. This individual needs to understand current user needs in drug discovery, as well as be visionary in proposing & implementing new services for discovery.
S/he will have a significant role in defining the long-term vision and roadmap, as well as driving the day-to-day development. Externally, you will collaborate closely with platform users and partners to understand their discovery service requirements based on analytics, interviews, and research. The Director of Product Management will then work with a cross-functional internal team of product managers, automation engineers, software engineers, scientists and designers to design and develop products which meet these requirements. S/he will serve as the key link between platform users and internal engineering and science teams. This role is envisioned to build an internal “franchise” of cloud based products/services that enable users to do drug discovery faster and better
- Build and manage product roadmap for all of our Cloud Lab Services products: High/medium Throughput Screening, Compound Libraries, SAR (Structure Activity Relationship) Assays, Cell and Gene therapy assays and synthetic biology assays. Own creation of strategic direction of biological products.
- Initiate and prioritize projects within the science group
- Collaborate with software, hardware, and scientific product managers,
- Assist in determining the best scientific implementation methods,
- Track product development and develop product launch plans.
- Present roadmap, demos, and progress updates to managers and executives in the organization
- Translate user needs into actionable requirements and work closely with engineers and scientists to drive them to launch
- Advocate for the adoption of new applications and offerings via data-driven proposals
- Aggregate multiple user requests and suggestions into generalized needs to drive product development
- Make informed decisions based on a deep understanding of market and user needs
- Be the first user of all products to develop a hands-on perspective on our user experience. Be the expert of user personas, requirements, and feedback for our products. Determine and be responsible for product satisfaction.
- Influence hardware and software roadmap direction based on user requirements and enable high value applications.
- Understand key near term application opportunities through deep engagement with partners/users.
- Ph.D. degree (or equivalent practical experience) in relevant drug discovery biology, medicinal chemistry, or biomedical engineering fields
- 8+ years experience in program management, product management, management consulting or other relevant business experience
- Experience developing, novel differentiated service offerings in the life sciences
- Extensive experience working closely with an R&D teams
- An ability to break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with history of clients and other stakeholders as audience
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, including timely communication of timelines, status, and critical issues
- Experience growing and managing a group of product managers
- Track record of owning and launching new products
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate cross-functional and cross-departmental groups focused on a common goal
- Demonstrable analytical skills
You might have:
- Experience implementing or expanding product-driven, agile methodologies at a drug discovery organization
- Worked on obtaining and analyzing user experience research
- Experience working with large biotech and pharmaceutical enterprises
You must be a current N.American resident with work authorization or TN visa eligibility.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.