Our client, a US-owned, multi-site therapeutic company, is looking for an open-minded, creative, early career PhD with experience in Downstream Process Development (or MS with 3+ years). This is a career move that will give you lots of visibility in a key team within a company that has global, stable funding. It is an excellent place for an enthusiastic, problem solver who wants the opportunity to continue learning and growing. You will get experience with multiple projects in an expanding pipeline and the ability to have project-ownership, growing with the project as it advances. You will contribute to existing downstream process optimizations and evaluate new, incoming projects.
Other duties include:
- Troubleshoot issues related to the process and product
- Use DOE software to design experiments. Then analyze and communicate results
- Write technical reports and transfer methods to clinical or commercial manufacturing
- Guide/train junior level scientists
To be considered, you will need:
- A PhD with 1-2 years of experience or an MS degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience
- Science/Engineering degrees in biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related discipline
- Downstream experience is absolutely necessary including Chromatography Purification and Diafiltration/Ultrafiltration experience
- Must be open minded and creative
Preferred Experience includes:
- Downstream process development of viruses or VLPs is a plus!
- Design of Experiment (DoE) experience preferred, but not required
- Scale-down/scale-up knowledge is a plus!
- Experience with IND and BLA is preferred
- Engineering knowledge/hands-on experience troubleshooting equipment issues is a plus
- Upstream process knowledge is beneficial as is any protein chemistry knowledge
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.