Are you an early career in vivo pharmacologist with good experience in neuro-inflammatory or inflammation models (especially inflammasome studies) who is looking for their next career step? Our client is an early-stage biotech developing precision therapeutics for neurodegenerative, neuro-inflammatory, and immunological conditions with a pipeline of preclinical small molecule candidates. This unique company combines human genetics and AI-focused drug discovery to create novel, innovative therapeutics for patients who have little or no future hope.
This is an opportunity for you to take the lead on exploratory and discovery project teams as well as hire and build the in-house pharmacology function, plus oversee outsourced studies. You will be play a key role developing in-depth biological understanding of the target and its role in inflammatory disease states.
- Design, coordinate, and execute in vivo biology studies
- Analyze data and interpret findings and compare it to related molecules
- Become the in vivo pharmacology point of contact for multiple programs.
- Work cross-functionally
- Determine experimental approach to strategically progress projects
- Coordinate preclinical research efforts with biology team
- Identify and manage CROs and external collaborators
- PhD plus 0-3 years in industry
- Strong background in vivo pharmacology (PK/PD relationships and PD assessment)
- Neuroscience or immunology background
- Experience using published literature and scientific network to determine optimal experimental strategy
- Solid understanding of interdependencies between disciplines in drug development
- Experienced in animal handling
- Understanding of models and how to select and implement models
- Preferred: Experience with various analyses for pharmacodynamic measures using MSD and/or LC-MS/MS
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.