Are you a leader with a successful track record in assay development? Do you also have experience in synthetic biology? If you enjoy a multi-disciplinary environment with engineers, roboticists, and scientists where you can learn new technologies and fields while advancing cutting assay development and drug discovery, we may have the right opportunity for you. Our Bay area client in on the cutting edge of new approaches to automating synthetic biology techniques and traditional biology assays for drug discovery.
They are looking for a Scientist III/Sr. Scientist with strong lab and organizational skills to lead assay development and operations. In this position, you would be both a leader and hands-on contributor to developing and executing experiments, generating and collecting data , and validating reproducibility and quality on the country’s most cutting-edge drug discovery platform. You may also assist in developing and implementing tools that increase operational efficiency. You’ll earn a competitive salary and meaningful equity working with a first class team in this well-funded, well-partnered still pre-IPO company.
For consideration, you would have:
- A PhD in biology, chemistry, bioengineering or other relevant field with 5+ years of experience in a screening or high-throughput facility OR a Bachelor’s or Master’s with appropriate related experience
- Proficiency with assay development and experimental workflows. Ideally, assay development on lab automation systems
- Knowledge and experience developing assays for synthetic biology
- Strong organizational skills applied to some lab operations including experience with lab regulations and permits in California, the ability to generate operations statistics ranging from reagent usage to instrumentation capacity, experience conducting routine lab inspections and safety best practices, and potentially generating training materials
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to translate a high-level goal into action with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and autonomous environment
Plus Factors include:
- Knowledge establishing procurement and sourcing relationships with vendors and partners is a plus
- Ability to implement processes to manage common lab supplies, stock inventory, and ordering of supplies is a plus
- A track record of building and implementing processes and documentation methodologies in past roles is a plus
You also might have:
- Experience managing projects at a biotechnology company or CRO in a client-facing role
- Project Management experience
- Implementation of life cycle strategies including management of service contracts for automation and equipment
Must have current N. American residency and US work authorization or be TN-1 visa eligible. CA residents strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.