Are you a project manager or project coordinator in search of an opportunity to impact research in the areas of mental health, neurodegenerative or psychiatric disease, and/or neuro development? Our Mid-Atlantic client advances cutting-edge research by bringing together industry, nonprofit, regulatory/clinical/academic scientists who together tackle and solve problems that none could do alone. In a pre-competitive, cooperative environment these consortia of public/private partnerships are accelerating solutions to many neuro-related health problems.
If you have project or program management experience, a background in neuroscience or neuro-related clinical trials or biomarkers, and want to play a leadership role in improving treatments or cures for patients, this could be the opportunity for you. This is a hands-on position interacting with top scientific researchers across the spectrum while also managing timelines, budgets, and project scope.
- MS or PhD in a scientific field (or MBA) and 3+ years of relevant research/scientific or clinical project management work experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, or health-related nonprofit, or similar organization
- Demonstrated experience as a Scientific or Clinical Project or Program Manager (or Coordinator) applying knowledge of timelines, finance, and contracts to project activities to ensure goals are met on time and within budget
- Depending on the position- background in neuroscience, neurodegenerative/ neurodevelopmental disorders, mental health disorders, or neuro-imaging
- Strong record of managing relationships among scientific and administrative partners from diverse sectors of biomedical science (industry, academic, and non-profit organizations
- Able to diplomatically facilitate discussions involving diverse interests, leading groups to consensus
- Development and management of grants/contracts (evaluation and refinement of statements of work, project budgets, milestones, and deliverables)
Plus factors (depending on position):
- Biomarker experience
- Neuroimaging experience
- Familiarity working with large-scale scientific datasets (clinical, genomic, proteomic, or metabolomic data)
- Experience managing drug development projects (preclinical or clinical)
- Regulatory science experience
- Prior role in consulting or client-based environment
- Project Management Certification
Candidates with existing visas welcome to apply. While the position is a hybrid at-home/in-office position, you will be expected to reside in the Washington DC metro area. Some relo assistance provided.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.