Our client, a global leader in drug discovery and development services, is seeking a Scientific/Toxicology Business Development Manager to join the team on the east coast. This individual is primarily responsible for supporting business development activities for the company’s preclinical and toxicology services. S/he will be part of a team, get training and support, and largely set his/her own schedule. Some travel is anticipated—more at the beginning than once established. The role provides an opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to interface with existing and potential clients, as well as coordinate his/her efforts with the other members of the company’s business and scientific teams.
If you are more of a “people-person” who likes project/alliance/client management or wants to learn those skills in a supported environment while being paid to do so, this might be your opportunity!
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for working in the biomedical research and development industry
- Have a strong life science background and prior experience working in the CRO and/or pharmaceutical/biotech settings
- Work closely with scientific teams and business development team to develop effective pitches and client acquisition strategies
- Foster/strengthen existing partnerships through capable management of existing collaborations
- Seek and build new client relationships
- BS , MS, or PhD in toxicology, biology, animal science, molecular/cell biology, pharmacology or related fields
- 2-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry in a scientific role
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong skills in communication and relationship building
- Experience (preferred) and comfort with working with multiple cultures and nationalities
- Driven and independent
- Collaborative, with the ability to coordinate efforts between multiple stakeholders
- Articulate, with the abilities to identify and solve problems, multitask, and learn
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Occasional travel
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.