Are you an experienced leader with a successful track record in developing HTS assays? Do you enjoy a multi-disciplinary environment with software engineers, roboticists, and scientists where you can learn new technologies and fields while advancing cutting edge automation and real science? We have an opportunity in CA for a Scientist II/Sr. Scientist with strong lab and organizational skills to lead an assay development and operations team. Assays could range from cell viability to RT-PCR to protein ID/quantification to downstream functional assays. Experience with synthetic biology is a plus! In this position, you would guide the team to develop and execute experiments, help generate and collect data validating reproducibility and quality on the country’s most cutting-edge drug discovery platform, and assist in developing and implementing tools that increase operational efficiency. You’ll earn a competitive salary and meaningful equity in this established, well-funded, well-partnered still pre-IPO company.
For consideration, you would have:
- A PhD in biology, chemistry, bioengineering or other relevant field with 5-10 years of experience managing people in a screening or high-throughput facility OR a Bachelor’s or Master’s with appropriate related experience
- Proficiency with assay development and experimental workflows. Ideally, assay development on lab automation systems
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to translate a high-level goal into action with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and autonomous environment and be self-directed and motivated.
Plus Factors include:
- A track record of building and implementing processes and documentation methodologies in past roles
You also might have:
- Experience managing projects at a biotechnology company in a client-facing role
- A basic understanding of Python or other programming languages
- Project Management experience
- Implementation of life cycle strategies including management of service contracts for automation and equipment
Must have current N. American residency and US work authorization or be TN-1 visa eligible. CA residents strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.