We are working with an exciting, well-funded, growing company in SCal with great morale and personal growth/development opportunities. They are looking for a leader to play a key role in their discovery efforts and interface with multiple groups. This individual will help identify, characterize, and successfully transition drug candidate compounds from discovery to development. You would lead all discovery stage pharmaceutics and provide physicochemical characterization, salt/polymorph screening, stability assays, and formulations for preclinical studies. This is a company with a leadership proven successful in drug discovery and development. It is a young company with infrastructure and financing for stability but still small and nimble enough to be a fun, exciting place with a great future for you.
- Small molecule pre-formulations to help drive medicinal chemistry programs and enable compound selection during the lead optimization process.
- Miniaturized formulation development. Analytical characterization and control of small-scale stability studies.
- Design enabling preclinical formulations (drug delivery) for pharmacology and toxicology studies.
- Characterize and optimize preclinical drug candidates’ solid-state phase properties (pharmaceutics, stable polymorph ID, salt selection, etc.).
- Deliver key data sets for development candidate evaluation.
- Define the toxicological formulation to achieve the desired PK coverage in preclinical studies.
- Provide bio-relevant in-vitro solubility data.
- Provide physical form characterization during lead optimization
- Interface with CMC team to ensure smooth transition of candidates from discovery to development stage.
- Work internally and with external partners to help drive discovery projects.
Experience & Education
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field with 8 or more years of pharmaceutical formulation experience, (or BS/MS with 14+ years of experience) strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of pre-formulation for small molecules
- Hands-on experience in drug delivery and/or solid-state phase characterization, salt selection and polymorph evaluation.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills along with strengths in delivering results on firm deadlines in support of discovery/development programs.
Candidates MUST have current US work authorization for for-profit company (or be eligible for TN-1 visa) and be a current resident of North America.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.