Are you looking for an opportunity to be on the cutting-edge of novel drug discovery in inflammatory disease? Our SoCal client is discovering first-in-class small molecules for unique targets in a class of receptors representing 10-20% of the worldwide Rx market. If you’re a go-getter and prefer to pioneer innovative science rather than work on the usual drug targets, this would be a great opportunity for you! It’s the best of both worlds—novel disease intervention targets within a class of receptors known to regulate a variety of disease processes.
In this position you will play a key role advancing select compounds to treat certain inflammatory diseases.
Among other things, you will:
- Design, develop, and conduct validation strategies (implementing animal models of inflammatory diseases)
- Integrate in vivo pharmacological data on lead molecules with mechanisms of disease
- Manage related drug discovery and development projects (molecular pharmacology assays to non-GLP preclinical safety studies)
- Support academic/industry collaborations designed to advance target validation
To qualify, you should have:
- PhD in Immunology, Biology, Pharmacology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience developing or implementing animal models (inflammatory or immune-related disease a plus)
- Experience isolating/characterizing immune cells with multi-color flow cytometry and functional assays
- Experience in drug discovery and/or drug target validation strategies in industry
- Experience with GI inflammation models
- Being well-versed in immunology in general
- Strong publication history
Must live in North America and have current US work authorization or be TN-visa eligible.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.