Are you an Upstream Process Development Scientist looking for a stable, profitable, well-funded organization, but one small enough where your contributions are significant and appreciated? Our San Diego client has a small site, and is part of a US-owned global company with a full pipeline and products on the market. The Upstream Scientist will be part of a team and have future leadership opportunities. Be an integral part of moving a therapeutic or vaccine from late-stage research to commercialization. Get exposed to the entire process and be encouraged to do different things. Use your whole skill set of mammalian cell culture, protein production, and scale up working cross-functionally with other teams to be part of the big picture. Our client promotes internally and rewards performance. In this role you will
- Develop and optimize the cell culture parameters (media development, feeding strategies, process parameters optimization, process characterization and scale-up)
- Develop and optimize the viral amplification/VLP transient transfection process to maximize yield
- Design and carry-out experiments to develop upstream processes (bioreactor, transfection, infection, microfiltration, filtration) for clinical supply production
- Support IND CMC section writing
- Support downstream purification team
- PhD or MS (with additional experience) in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Experience in protein (or virus, VLP, etc) production, including scale up to bioreactors
- Bioreactor experience (small and large scale)
- Mammalian cell culture experience (Vero, HEK293, CHO, HeLa, TK393, or other)
- DOE experience preferred
- Diafiltration/Ultrafiltration experience
- cGMP experience
- Molecular Biology & Virology knowledge
Be part of a global company with product on the market and others advancing in the pipeline. Current North American residency required. Visa sponsorship considered for candidates with some industry experience or academic plus GMP experience.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.