Our client is a public, clinical-stage precision oncology company. Using a highly refined methodology of SBDD, a disciplined chemistry approach, and enabling biology, they are expanding the early portfolio which includes three molecules in clinical development and one in IND-enabling studies. These internally discovered investigational drugs are designed to address existing limitations of current cancer therapies. The research organization has the exciting task of discovering new investigational molecules and identifying new clinical opportunities for existing pipeline molecules. If you are a dedicated cancer biologist successful in advancing compounds from research to clinic, this could be a great opportunity for you to join a growing team and develop transformational therapies for cancer patients.
- Deliver a robust preclinical pipeline of novel oncology small molecule inhibitors (from Target ID/Val to IND).
- Lead a team of researchers to support drug discovery and translational research
- Manage multiple internal biologists, CROs, and academic collaborators to drive program forward
- Communicates science and strategy effectively
- Devise and execute experiments to support cancer biology projects from validation to clinical candidate selection
- Maintain high-functioning and synergistic cross-functional collaborations across discovery organization.
- Create pharmacology sections of regulatory documents (IND and NDA)
- Play a leadership role in developing preclinical data sets to inform target modality, patient stratification and rational combination strategies for novel therapeutics
- Ph.D. or M.D.
- 15+ years of drug discovery experience in industry
- Demonstrated drug discovery project leadership experience on target ID strategies (design, execution, and validation of targets) from genetics/ Multi-omics/CRISPR/phenotypic screens
- Must have extensive experience with oncology small molecule drug discovery
- Cancer cell signaling expertise
- Extensive expertise with various “-omics” platforms plus systems biology
- Knowledge of proteomics (identify signaling networks, target substrates to ID/validate PD biomarkers)
- Previous success in building and supporting patient selection hypotheses (define clinical strategy for targeted small molecule cancer therapeutics)
- Demonstrated success in project team leadership from target validation through IND filing
- Knowledge in chemistry, structure-based drug design, drug metabolism and tox mechanisms, drug delivery methods, PK/PD to support in vivo evaluation of drug candidates would be a plus
- Strong publication record desired
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.