We are helping an innovative, multi-site international drug discovery company identify a unique leader for their pharmacology team specifically, and their biology team in general. Reporting directly to the site leader, this individual will need to have demonstrated creative, effective approaches to the discovery of therapeutics. This person will lead a first-class team of 12-15 scientists skilled in the design, development, and execution of in vitro and in vivo assays.
This is a strong scientific and technical leadership position with one of the industry’s most successful and innovative biopharma companies. If you want less bureaucracy, more reward, and greater influence and are not title obsessed, this could be an opportunity for you to make major advancements and contributions to truly novel drug innovation.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Cell Biology, or related field with 10+ years of drug discovery experience
- Demonstrated excellence in early stage drug discovery and development
- Evidence of development of innovative translational in vitro and/or in vivo models that predict human efficacy
- Leadership in the design, development, execution, analysis, and interpretation of a broad range of pharmacology assays (including biochemical and cell-based assays) to determine drug potency, efficacy and mechanism of action.
- Understanding of classical pharmacological principles and drug discovery processes supporting predictions of human efficacy and safety
- Critical analysis and interpretation of data plus the ability to communicate results and recommend next steps to team members and executive management.
- Ability to identify and support external collaborations leading to innovative solutions
- Successful track record in managing functional or cross-functional research groups while staying close to the science itself
- Strong strategic scientific leadership
- Able to make clear decisions in a fast-paced drug discovery environment and be highly proficient in both verbal and written communications to audiences with diverse backgrounds
Candidates should be willing to live in S. California. Visa sponsorship considered on individual basis. Relo offered. US residents with current work authorization preferred.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.