Are you an industry-experienced protein scientist looking for a variety of approaches, interesting challenges, and opportunities to manage people? Our client is looking to add a Sr. Scientist to their impressive team. They are pushing the boundaries in drug discovery and synthetic biology, working with a variety of companies and scientists around the globe. Their automated approach means purifications, analyses, and discoveries are done faster and more efficiently. Merging traditional protein techniques with modern robotics and automation will put you on the forefront of cutting-edge innovation! To be a good fit, you should have some industry experience with protein expression and purification techniques. You should enjoy working with other scientists to develop, troubleshoot and adapt assays, be hands-on at the bench, and like supervising (or learning to supervise) junior scientists. You should also like liquid handlers, robotics, and automation and want to learn and grow in those areas. And you’d want a good mentor who is committed to helping you grow in your career and a dynamic, fun team where you can contribute quickly, and still have room to grow.
To Qualify you’ll need:
- PhD plus 6 or more years (OR an MS or BS degree with 10+ or 15+ years of experience) in assay development and data generation in a screening or high-throughput facility or CRO .
- Experience working with a variety of bacterial and mammalian cell cultures, expressing proteins in such cultures, and using traditional protein purification tags and techniques to facilitate purification OR experience with a variety of biochemical analytical techniques (such as ELISAs and MSD, thermal-shift and/or other stability assays, Western blots and SDS-PAGE, flow cytometry, circular dichroism, etc.)
- Strong presentation skills and experience working with clients in a customer-facing role, using active listening skills, and possessing the ability to succinctly and clearly communicate scientific outcomes. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to translate a high-level goal into action with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and autonomous environment
- Willingness to live in San Francisco Bay area and work as an on-site employee
Plus factors would include:
- Additional experience with PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR and ddPCR and genomic-based workflows
- Previous experience in a cloud laboratory and/or contract research organization (CRO)
- Experience managing projects at a life science company in a client-facing role
- A basic understanding of Python
- Project management experience
In general, work with clients to understand their needs, develop the workflow to meet the need, then guide a team to the execute experiments generating data showing reproducibility and quality control on the scientific platform. Train and mentor junior laboratory members and work with other automation experts adapting the assays to the robotic platform. Be part of the future where scientific discovery is done better, faster, and more efficiently!
Besides great benefits (pre-tax commuter benefits, money for your professional growth and development, a multidisciplinary environment with software engineers, roboticists, and scientists, a monthly wellness stipend, unlimited snacks, etc.) in addition to normal medical, dental, and vision insurance, you’ll earn a competitive salary, meaningful equity, and have a flexible vacation policy. You’ll also have opportunity to learn new fields along with the freedom to work on cutting-edge technology and serious science.
You must be a US citizen OR N. American resident with current work authorization or TN visa eligibility.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.