Are you looking for an opportunity to lead and grow the business side of a company developing first-in-class therapeutics against important, disease-relevant targets that are distinct from the everyday, run of the mill targets pursued by the bulk of drug discovery companies? If you’d like to make your mark, make a difference, and grow a company that has flown under the radar while doing solid, transformative, proof-of-concept science, this is your opportunity.
Our client is a global leader in developing novel drug candidates to receptors comprising an important class for therapeutic drug development—but because they are orphan receptors, new disease areas have been opened to target. The company has a strong, non-dilutive funding track record and an ongoing revenue stream based on grants and drug development partnerships. With a critical mass of know-how and I.P. they are looking to add a V.P. of Corporate Development or CBO who can evaluate and enable collaborations, in-licensing, partnerships, and funding to build on their strategic position.
This person will play a mission-critical role in the next stage of growth. She/he be a self-starter with first-hand experience in corporate transactions in an early-stage biotech company. A solid understanding of drug development and ability to work seamlessly with the CEO and scientists is critical to position the organization (from both a therapeutic and a commercial perspective) for further growth.
- Develop a thorough understanding of company’s technology and its potential for investment and commercialization.
- Lead ongoing evaluation of internal programs and potential in-licensing opportunities, building business cases for recommended strategies.
- Identify and establish collaborations to advance internal programs through crafting shared-risk programs with technology CROs or partnering with academia.
- Along with CEO, identify partners and investors, with in depth research into the interests and strengths of each, to secure further funding. Objective: close on expansion funding in the next 18 months.
- Create an investor and partner awareness strategy that provides a consistent message about the company and its accomplishments.
- Complement the CEO in all interactions with the Board and the senior leadership team regarding the operating plan.
What you will need:
- An MS/MBA in relevant life sciences field with 7+ years’ experience in pharma R&D and partnering; or, a Ph.D. in a life science field or MD degree, with 7+ years of experience in drug development, translational strategies, and first-hand experience in execution of corporate transactions.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to understand how strategy affects R&D operations.
- 3+ years in a management/team leader role with a track record of coaching and mentoring team members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
There is potential for this role to be done remotely, however candidates in S.California are preferred.
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.