We are looking for a successful drug developer who also enjoys contributing to discovery strategy and playing a key role in the strategic decision making of the company. Our client is an early stage, premier VC funded biotech pursuing a novel target class of enzymes implicated in a variety of unmet medical need indications. With the lead program in candidate selection/optimization stage, there is need for a roll-up-your sleeves strategic thinker to contribute to scientific direction, indication selection, and platform development strategy. Soon IND-enabling studies will be needed and knowledge for advancing the lead compound to clinic, while helping oversee the follow-on indications and compounds.
You should be an experienced drug developer, able to move compounds through IND-enabling studies, and have led multi-disciplinary teams in R&D. Scientific curiosity with a focus toward clinical applicability/ suitability is required as the science will dictate therapeutic area. Exposure or experience in more than one therapeutic area is preferred. As the number two most influential person in the company, your ability to work with a dynamic, smart young team of scientists yet provide high level strategic input is critical. Company is well funded, has moved into new laboratory space in the Bay area, and will continue growing in 2021.
- Develop strategy to identify, optimize and characterize drug candidates across a variety of indications
- Develop strategy and lead all pre-clinical activities from hit to lead through IND enabling studies. Set the operational plan, including hiring plan, timelines, forecasts, and budget, needed to execute on the strategy.
- Develop strategy and oversee all activities for the selection and validation of biomarkers that can be used for target engagement, patient selection, and indications of efficacy.
- Establish relationships with CROs and oversee CRO-based drug development activities including DMPK, CMC, formulations, pre-IND GMP drug substance/product generation and GLP toxicology studies
- Closely collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams, KOLs, and external groups to coordinate and drive complex decisions.
- Develop and author pre-IND and IND-enabling documents.
- Oversee and mentor scientific team members
- Clearly communicate strategies, plans, and results
To apply for this position, confidentially email us here.