Dr. Preston made the transition to her present role as a scientific “talent scout” after many years as a research scientist.
- BS and MS in Microbiology at the Univ. of Maryland.
- Trained at NIH, Nat’l Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology at Cornell University.
- Postdoctoral studies at UCSD in pharmacology and neuroscience
Prior to PharmaScouts, Dr. Preston combined her love for science and people by recruiting scientists and executive management in the biomedical field for another executive search firm where she was recognized as
- Rookie of the Year in 1999
- Director’s Club in 2000
- “Top Recruiter of the Year” for the corporation 2001
- Million Dollar Club awardee in 2002
Dr. Preston is a member of numerous scientific organizations including AAPS, AALAS, NAASO, and others and recently served on the Board of Directors and as Vice President for the Association of Women in Science’s (AWIS) San Diego Chapter.